Create Account | Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In
Share |

Merit Award


This adaptive reuse of a 1920’s cast concrete garage in Russian Hill rehabilitates a historic resource to exchange parking spaces for housing. The design is hinged on the clear opposition of new and old, preserving the strengths of the existing structure by making necessary architectural modifications appear simple and distinct. Each floor of the building has a different character based on the changing relationships each level has with the existing structure. It sensitively marries the historic character of the existing building with a progressive architectural language, preserving and updating our city’s historic fabric while building for the 21st century.

Ogrydziak Prillinger Architects
Tim Griffith Photography
Ogyrdziak Prillinger Architects
General Contractor
Webb Construction
Structural Engineer
Buro Happold Engineers
Acoustic Consultant
Charles Salter & Associates
Design Awards 2015